Skip to main content

Vintage Easter Greetings

I have shared many types of vintage cards over the years, but I think vintage Easter cards are one of my favorites.  Vintage cards have a beauty that is sadly missing from the cards of today.  So grab a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet iced tea and enjoy perusing the art of a time gone by...

Matthew 28:6 He is not here; He has risen...
Such rosy cheeks!
Mr. Easter Bunny is painting this egg with lovely pastels.
This bunny looks so serious! I think I will stay out of her cabbage patch!
I love cards with chicks.  These are so cute! I enjoy reading the sentiments.  My how they have changed!
This card appears to be from Holland.  Wonder what he plans to do with that paddle?!
Such a sweet card...
One of my favorites...
Now this is a strange one.  Elves and Easter?
Based on the airship on the card, this one must date from around the late 1920's.
How about one more? This card is from Anna.  I wonder who she sent it to?
Hope you enjoyed our little trip to yesteryear.  Wishing Everyone a Glad Eastertide!
Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

Sharing With
Grace at Home

Comments

  1. Oh, I love these sweet vintage cards...I love the good old days!! Sometimes I wish we could turn the hands on the clock back to a lovelier, more simple time....silly thought, I know :) May you and yours have a most blessed Easter...and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about going back to a simpler time. I guess that's why I love vintage aprons, cooking items, cards, and linens. It brings a little piece of that time into this time! Have a wonderful day!
      Easter Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  2. I have always loved vintage postcards. I have many Halloween and a few Christmas. The graphics on your Easter cards are fabulous - I especially like the one from Holland. I am so fascinated with the handwriting on those old cards, so beautiful. Happy Easter to you! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't the handwriting beautiful? I also love the way they had with words. I shared a few Halloween vintage cards as well. Put this in your search and you can check out the Halloween ones. http://stillwoodsfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-vintage-happy-halloween.html
      Happy Easter and Blessings from Still Wood Farmhouse

      Delete
  3. Such lovely vintage Easter postcards. Love the He is Risen one. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too! I hope that you had a wonderful Easter. Stop by again!
      Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  4. Stopping by on your invite! thanks so much! These vintage cards take me back to memories of my Grandmother, a sweet place to be! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! Thank you for stopping by and following me. I am glad that these cards brought back sweet memories for you!
      Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  5. Oh my heavens, those are such delightful vintage cards! Each one is just wonderful. Love vintage, thank you for sharing~
    Happy Easter~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy. I am glad that you liked the Easter cards. If you have time, go back and look at the Halloween ones I shared in October. There are some really great graphics in that set. Have a wonderful week!
      Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Treasure in the Vines....Waverly Plantation

Imagine a dream.  A dream in which you are wandering through the woods and discover a beautiful, long forgotten home.  A home which rises above jasmine vines wrapped tightly around graceful columns.  A home which has endured the ravages of rain, the heat of hot Mississippi summers, the infestation of bees and bats, and yet still retains the grace of a bygone era.  Such a dream came true for the Snow family. Robert and Donna Snow owned an antique store in Phildelphia, MS.  One day a salesman stopped by and told them that he had gotten lost down by the river and found a beautiful home, hidden in the woods near West Point, MS.  According to Melanie Snow, one of the Snow's children, her parents stayed up all night thinking about the home.  The next morning they told their children that they were going on an adventure, packed the kids in the car,  and off they went.  Imagine their delight when they discovered this beautiful home . . . Waverly....

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I had planned to share my new front door decor, but alas, like many residents of the MS Gulf Coast, all  loose outside objects have been secured as we await the arrival of Hurricane Isaac. Instead, I thought I would share with you a set of my favorite dinnerware.  I began collecting Memory Lane ironstone many years ago, but my love of the pattern began when I was just a little girl.  My Grandma Mercer had one dinner plate.  I imagine that she picked it up either in a box of laundry soap or as a reward for shopping at the IGA of Chattahoochee, Florida.  I came to love her one plate.  My grandmother would make sure that my food was served on that plate no matter what other dinnerware pattern was set on her table!  When she passed away, I was blessed to receive her dining room set which included a lovely buffet with glass knobs along with the matching table and chairs.  I also received my Memory Lane plate. During my search for more pattern pieces...

Ronald McDonald House and Recipes: A Winning Combo!

I have collected recipes and recipe books for as long as I can remember.  Some of my most treasured recipes include my grandmother's hand written sour cream pound cake recipe dotted with batter and spattered with dots of vanilla.  It has a place of honor in my recipe notebook which contains some of my family's favorite recipes.  When we built our home, I had a set of bookshelves built in the kitchen to hold my collection of recipe books as well as a collection of milk glass.  I love to cook while looking at some of my favorite things around me. Last night, I went to Dillards to do a little shopping.  As I checked out I noticed the annual Southern Living Cooking for Christmas cookbook at each register.  Only $10.00!  I snatched one up and added it to my items.  I love Southern Living cookbooks with their beautiful pictures and mouth watering recipes.  A bonus of this cookbook is that Dillards has once again teamed up with Southern Living to ...