Friday, June 12, 2015

The Dish Fairy Collects Margaux

My husband would say that I am a collector of "dishes".  I can't help it, "dishes" speak to me in the same manner as old aprons and milk glass. The Tooth Fairy collects teeth and this gal collects dishes!

When my husband and I got married, every bride had fine china and possibly a set of everyday china on their bridal registry.  I must say that I am so disappointed when I see a bridal registry without beautiful china. How about you?  My husband and I decided to select both a fine and an everyday pattern.  It was the thing to do! We had two sets of "dishes" when we began our married life almost 33 years ago.  Today, I have 6 different sets!  One of my favorites is Margaux by Mikasa. This was my choice as my everyday china.  Let me introduce you to this gorgeous pattern.

Margaux has a lovely ivory background with a basket weave rim complimented by soft flowers in purple, orange, yellow, and white with stems of green.  I love using Margaux in the spring and summer.  It looks beautiful atop a mossy green place mat.  I have a perky, green paisley tablecloth that looks especially nice with Margaux.  Sadly, Mikasa no longer makes this pattern; therefore, I scour antique stores and the internet for extra pieces.  If you ever see any, please send me a message!
(Photo from Replacements)
Luckily, I have a good number of cabinets in my kitchen.  When possible, I like to devote an entire cabinet to one set of china and the coordinating stemware  The green pitcher is a treasure.  It belonged to my great- grandmother from Germany  I found it wrapped in old newspaper buried in the bottom of  a wooden barrel in my grandparent's garage.  We use it all the time. I think there is something meaningful about incorporating pieces from the past into our daily lives.

Do you have a favorite china pattern?  Jot me a note and tell me about your favorite "dishes"!


6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous pattern, really love it.
    Yes, I too see registries and the young couples always choose such modern and really not pretty patterns, which I'm sure in ten years they'll be tired of.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Fabby. I think a timeless pattern is the way to go. I see so many lovely patterns in antique stores. Those pass the test of time. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I think it is a pretty pattern. Have a great week!
      Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete
  3. Beautiful china pattern and I'm so happy you could get more of them too. I love your hutch all done up with such pretty things and perfect for the summer look.
    Hugs and thanks a ton for visiting me.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabby! It is one of my favorite spring and summer patterns. Have a wonderful weekend!
      Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

      Delete